Monday 20 June 2016

Perfect

Standing  near the shore and the breeze whispering into my ears, I go back to the past....
Past. A place often visited by the most melancholic souls...
It was the arrival of monsoon,
I was sitting by the sea side lying beside the most perfect guy on this whole world. He was just perfect.. The sun rays fell on his perfect face exposing  the lines on his forehead. The weather was perfect and it was about to rain. He kissed my cheeks with the gentlest touch. His voice almost drowning me into the deep ocean of magic. I slept on his lap,the most comfortable place to be on this earth. He sang his usual lullaby.... It tranquillized me and I feel into a sweet sleep. My eyes opened and there was Noone. I was alone by the sea lying down on the cold sand. He was no where. I cried till the skies started to pour and then the tears merged with the raindrops. My mom came from behind and whispered in my ears "it's time to go sweetie." I was heartbroken again. The melancholy engulfed me once more. And my body felt numb. I asked my mom "wasn't he perfect mom?why did he ever leave us?"
My mom just smiled and said-"Yes honey. Your dad was perfect. I miss him too"
We fell silent and in some distant land a lullaby echoed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment